Monday, June 16, 2008

Let’s Face It…

I am not really good at “staying in touch” with people…..The friends that I have are ones who are tough, who don’t mind my infrequent phones calls, my absentmindedness and generally forgive the fact that I can be tough to get on the phone (I am better at email because you can’t hear the screaming and toy firetrucks being driven at 100mph through my house). My sister Claire has an amazing calling circle of over 20 people. She is a master.

So when my friend Ann invited me to a 4th of July party through Facebook, I thought, I’ll just sign up and rsvp…and now I have 40 friends….friends from college who I haven’t talked to in 14 years are popping up…it’s thrilling and a little overwhelming…but definitely cool and it’s taking up a bit more of my time than I had planned but….

But now I have more friends than my sister…..(he he he).

No comments: