Monday, November 10, 2008

Investigative Reporting....

This weekend was the bridal shower/bachelorette party for my youngest sister, Susan..( 11 years younger than me). So when the bachelorette party part of the evening began, my other sister, Claire and I (we're both 35-36) had to down the espresso, pull on the "good" pair of jeans and hold on tight. At 10:30pm (when I am usually snug at home) we boarded the hummer limo and rode off into the city. First, I have to preface this by saying I did not complain, I did not throw a I don't have any clothes tantrum, I went with an open mind and didn't even try to suggest a "cooler- I lived in the city so I know" venue than the seedy one we were hurdling ourselves towards. The last time I had been to this particular club was when I was 22 and it had a reputation even then for being rather, well, cheesy and "dirty", so I put on my big sister glasses and began keeping an eye out. And yet, I did have a lot of fun.
Every shape, size, color, style, age group was out that night, it was a cornucopia of desperate humans. Alas, surprisingly,the evening went off without a hitch. We sang and danced...and pretty much made our own party of it. My sister had a great time and I was thankful to not be "out there" anymore and now I am glad my sister isn't "out there" either.

No comments: