Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Would Mommy Do? (WWMD)..if she just had a little time...


I think the toughest thing these days being "in the middle of it" (as I like to call it) is that there never is that time when you can ask yourself....what would I like to do right now? And then follow through with said desire....
I remember a time in my luxurious 28 year old days (the old victorian, going to school, making art whenever I pleased days) when I was a bit down and a friend of mine tried to cheer me up by giving this advice, "What would you like to do right now? It can be anything....like go lay out a blanket on a hill and read or devour an ice cream sundae, have coffee at the diner, anything....now go and do it, right now, not later, right this very minute." It was such a childlike way of solving things, immediate gratification....and yet, it works for adults and actually....it's so crazy it just might work, even now.

No comments: