Monday, February 02, 2009

Coral with Blue Balloon

A long time ago I was listening to Fresh Air and a cartoonist was on speaking about her work. For the life of me I can't remember who it was (it was over 10 years ago). I listened intently as she answered the important question, "What advice would you give to up and coming cartoonists and illustrators?" And her response kind of threw me off at first but then I realized....it was genius.
She said, "When you find a pen you like, buy as many as them as you can."
She was right.
Just recently one of my favorite pens can be found no more. Gone to skies above, kaput, pushing up daisies....gone to a Pentel grave.
But I am one happy gal...I have found a new favorite. I smile when I hold it, the ink flows perfectly. Ahhhhh....new love.

No comments: