Lament

(me with our harmless lab-trying to get away from me)

There are lines....
lines for being a single young woman
lines for being a liberal, a conservative....
lines for being a decent human being
lines you think of crossing or not almost everyday
then there are the lines you draw as a parent
what you will or won't do
what you say or wont say
how protective you will be
how much you should allow
you cross them-these lines
or you don't
you reevaluate

My son was jumped on and bitten by a friend's dog last week. And I went into survivor mode. I've often thought I would have made a good doctor, nurse or trauma worker....I shut down, get the job done (with comfort and love for my kid) and then think about it later.....and I have been thinking about it.

The most sensitive kid of my brood....he's doing so well....but I'm not. It's my fault.
When you hear that little voice in your head say...hmmmm......maybe.....this is isn't a good idea, please listen to it. We've learned the hard way. It could have been so much worse.
I'm so sorry, kiddo.
I'm so sorry.

You were such a brave boy sitting in that chair today...it was only stitches they were pulling out but it was my heartstrings that got pulled on the most.

Comments

Candied Fabrics said…
I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you and your little one heal, and yes, I know those lines well...
Anonymous said…
Hugs and prayers for you dear Beth!
-Kacky
Anonymous said…
Sounds like Jamie is doing better than Mom. Big hugs to you, Beth ! We missed you on Sunday !
Pam said…
Sounds like Jamie is doing better than Mom. Big hugs to you, Beth ! We missed you on Sunday !

Popular Posts