Cups Shared


I've been having really weird dreams lately....like waking dreams. Dreams so real, I don't feel I've actually fallen asleep. An old flame (from like when I was 19) of mine has showed up in them, he passed away six years ago from a heart condition, he keeps telling me, "If you had loved me more....I'd still be alive today." Whoa, nelly....what is up with that?
I'm sure someone could dissect it and come up with an answer. I don't often dream of old flames, let alone dead ones, so....right now, it just totally freaks me out.....

Comments

Rowena said…
Hey, I'm an amateur dream interpreter, let me give it a whirl.

Let's imagine this "old flame" is not literally the spirit of the guy, but the spirit of some sort of passion you had when you were 19. Did you have a dream or activity or project that you were totally in love with? Did you lose it over time and living? Is there something that you could revisit now that you are older and use in your art/life? In other words, could that passion live again?

That's just my quick impression of what it could mean. It's a lot less creepy than the concept of a ghost blaming you for his death.
You're good!....I was thinking it was something along those lines. I can't quite put my finger on it...but I have an idea as to what's been "missing". But man, have I been a mess for two days now...I guess this is how things get worked out!
Elizabeth said…
Gosh I just love your artwork. This cups shared beauty is especially lovely today!

I only have weirdo dreams like that when I'm pregnant. :P I'm happy someone gave you a less creepy potential explanation!
Sweet Mess said…
I like the dream interpretation~ I hate that when I have strange dreams that feel real and follow me into my awake times...

also, I like the balance of the cups drawing on top of the nicely worked background.

Popular Posts