Nobody Loves Anybody Quite Like That



I'm embarrassed to admit that I am sadly hooked on Stephanie Meyers Twilight series (it's kind of like admitting that I do like Justin Timberlake-yeah, I said it)....and I can't for the life of me, figure out why. They aren't the best written books, they are swooning and swamped with repetitive dialogue ..Edward, the teen vampire, is like a statue of ice, a model, an angel, we get it- the dang boy is cute, Bella (his love interest) is hopelessly mediocre at best. The books aren't terribly hard to read but they are awfully tough to put down.....

So I've been thinking, HEY! How come my high school boyfriend didn't love me that much? And are we setting our young ladies up for failure and disappointment? Because c'mon, let's face it, there aren't too many 17 year olds willing to buy you a new car so you don't get hurt or whisk you away when strangers press too close or suck the venom out of your arm when necessary....AND I mean, how many of them actually drive infamously "safe" Volvo SUV's?

So when my daughter gets up to dating age, I will be checking you out, Mr. Teenager...and if you don't pony up for the car stereo (read the books) or fight off werewolves (read the books) and other creatures of the night (read the books)...I just don't know, I just don't know if you'll be good enough for my little girl.

Comments

olive + hope said…
Elizabeth, I too got sucked into the Twilight series! I couldn't help thinking "I am waaayyy too old for this", but I also couldn't put the books down. I don't have any little ones yet {even though according to some sources...I am of advanced maternal age}, so I think I just possibly could have read them in "record time".

I found you on etsy. I love your artwork, and you crack me up :) That's a good combo!

oliveandhope[dot]etsy[dot]com

Popular Posts