Likings of 2010 (mostly books and music) Part One

Okay, it's not that I am an expert in anything but I do know what I like and this year I thought I would put together a likings of music, art stuff, artists.....in no particular order: (I'm adding more later as a young girl who just turned three is screaming at me from the other room)




Best Non-Fiction Book:
Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit



Best YA Fiction Book:
The Hunger Games Trilogy
(okay that's three of them)



Best New Music (to me): 
The Avett Brothers







Best New Art Book:
Water, Paper, Paint by Heather Smith Jones
such fun techniques-things I've never thought of-love, love, love this





The Best Time Suck:
Plants Vs. Zombies






Best Kid's Book:
Ghosts in the House by Kazuno Kohara
Not just a great Halloween book-it's smart, funny and all done in relief.


Best New App:
Oliver Jeffer's The Heart and the Bottle
Wow. It's amazing where picture books are going.










Comments

Popular Posts