Tour Continues

I swear I am not going to turn this blog into a medical one, really, I promise. But you may have noticed that I have been away a bit. For the past few months, off and on, I have felt like I have the flu but only without the flu. If you look this up on the internet (we all know this is a bad idea), you will find that you can just about have everything under the sun. Unfortunately, for me, it feels arthritic. And it runs in my family.....so I have been panicking a little, okay, a lot. So then I have to wonder if it's stress that's doing this, or my complete denial of my impossible Celiac disease (which now I am completely re-visiting, ugh-I had been diagnosed and un-diagnosed), or the weather? Nope, it's not the weather, this has been going on, off and on since January.

Sometimes, it's tough to draw, so, I haven't been drawing as much as I'd like. But I am trying! Soooo...I finally said mercy and got a doctor's appointment next week. I'm already going gluten free again. (Aching in joints and rheumatoid arthritis are common in Celiac). I'm planning on being back to good ole' Beth really soon.

Until then.....I have been wondering what life will be like when my kids' bring home harder homework. They already bring home word sorts that my husband and I throw our hands up in the air with. And I am the language arts lady. What to do when Physics homework comes home? I might as well throw ALL of my street cred that I've worked so hard for out the window right now.

I don't know how other moms do it. Or dads for that matter. And I don't think I like the new movie called "I Don't Know How She Does It"...just because of it's title. And I already know the formula:


1. Awesome apartment in city that doesn't match up to the jobs the owners have.
2. Add impossible friendships with impossibly annoyingly made up beautiful women who can throw witty passive aggressive one liners that rival the Real Housewives.
3. Sarah Jessica (the one who DOES it) will find out that she can't do it all and that that is just the way she wants it anyway-but we all know that this character really DOES more than any one of us on a good day-alas, making us feel good and crappy ALL at once. Let's just say, I will not be running to see this one....wow, do I sound crabby or what. Okay until I can be a little more agreeable here are some happy pictures....just play some musak in your head...

Pinkalicious cupcakes (we are big into Pinkalicious here)




Bluemont sky (with friends)


camping out in the country (not in the horse trailer, mind you)


dreamy thoughts of the beach (a view from the sound on Hatteras Island)




Historic Old Town (Sheperdstown, WV) with jewelry in the window




color!  




Comments

Elizabeth said…
I love all your photos.

I hope you figure out what is plaguing you, because that level of stress caused by not knowing surely doesn't make a girl feel better.

I read that book a few years ago--I Don't Know How She Does It--and I actually really liked it a lot. It was one of the first books I read after Bridget was born, so I was in nursing mode/reading borderline mindless but entertaining books... that one definitely fit the bill. It wasn't all light and roses, either, maybe give it a try and avoid the movie until you decide...

Finally, to conclude this book of a comment, NO, hadn't seen the new Ok Go video with the Muppets. Thank you a million thank yous for that!!
Beth HF said…
Okay-I will give the book a try...honestly it looks like a decent movie. I am a SJP fan since she is behind Bravo's Work of Art (which I love) and other interesting projects:)
Sorry everyone for the grumpy post but I felt better after having written it. No news yet....

Popular Posts