Killer Clowns

thinking of Christmas trees at the farm, oh and Killer Clowns from Outer Space

So, I just tucked my son in for the third time. He is afraid of Killer Clowns From Outer Space which he and his brother and friends inadvertently watched on the Netflix for Wii. I am now wikipediaing it. Rotten tomatoing it. I am realizing that it is going to take a lot of spinning to get this one out of rotation in this poor boy's head. I even asked my sixth graders who claimed to have seen it-how scary we talking here, Nighmare on Elm Street or just that one part in Ghostbusters? They agreed, I've got my work cut out for me. See, these are the things, the things that you don't know about before kids. And these are definitely not deal breakers just food for thought. I have spent the past few nights now being skiddish that there is a cute little scared not going to bed six year old just sitting on the steps being VERY quiet and scaring the beejeezus out of me when I round the corner. Thanks a lot Killer Clowns.

This is a very Christmas posting.





Comments

Antonia Malchik said…
We had two solid weeks of dealing with our 4-year-old's insomnia when my husband thought it was okay to let him watch Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo is great when you're older, but not when you're a wee tike who becomes terrified at the sight of the zombies.

AND there's a Curious George episode where George loses his flashlight in a cave and then sees shadow monsters everywhere. Curious George. You never know what's going to hit you ...
Beth HF said…
Oh, I know that episode! I had to talk that one through too. My oldest watched Voldemort come out of the back of the Professor's (forget his name)head when he was 5. I just knew I had crossed the line with that when he said to me, "Mom, if YOU are scared then don't watch it." Never a bad dream from that boy.

Popular Posts