1. My Christmas stamps being used as stickers every year (never fails).
2. Something that will NOT be under our tree this year-some kind of playdough dog that poops-like I need more of that in my house.
3. I wonder why my kids believe in Santa but surprising won't make the leap to believe in the he's watching you all the time part and so I can't use that ultimate threat of coal in the stocking, argh.
4. Ugh, Christmas shopping. Yep, I don't actually like shopping, I mean, the actual physical-ness of it, browsing, standing in line etc. I love the results though.
5. I made one of those Facebook status clouds and the most common (so therefore prominently displayed) words were YEP, DUH, BOBBY and DIE. I quickly closed out the window.
6. As a gluten free gal this holiday (and every after) season, I see holiday cookies as a big fat waste of time-so everyone else suffers (me=grinch)...actually, I just haven't gotten very good at the GF baking-cooking, yes, that's easy...it's making things rise and have some goo that's tricky.
7. Even if my house falls apart, I am going to get the illustration project I have been working on done by time to return to work. So far, today, that has meant that my vacuum cleaner has been dumped out onto the floor, I don't know if the kids ate lunch (okay, they did), there's a smathering of peanut butter on the golden retriever's tail, I'm basically still wearing my pajamas.......
8. I got to "adopt" a five year old little girl this holiday and buy her art supplies.....Merry Christmas to me, twist my arm!
9. I survived the last day before break in a middle school classroom full of hyperactive 12 year olds, barely.
10. My gym thought that I had died, not having been there sooooo long and well, I guess they must have seen my FB cloud.
P.S-hands feel great, great, great-people who I owe artwork to, it's coming again. Next year will be great. Also, yay, KYMIA, I simply love, love, love her work. She won Work of Art last night and I think I am going to go up to the Brooklyn museum to see it-road trip!!
|Kymia's gorgeous "boat", drawing, painting, mixed media in the middle.|