40!

my grandfather's alarm clock...kids got to it, hands not attached anymore, like time stopped


 Well, I just can't believe how good 40 feels.....well, actually it's no coincidence, my gluten free diet has settled like a warm blanket into my body. I am healthier than I have been in years. All of my pain is gone (except the ankle and that's just going to take time and has nothing to do with my disease and everything to do with, well, turning 40). I am so blessed to be able to feel better simply by the foods I eat and the foods that I don't eat. It only bothers me a little that I didn't have a birthday cake yet but my mother is going to make me a GF pound cake tomorrow.

Speaking of gluten free flours, I went into a little natural merchantile last week for the first time. It's 3 miles down the road, I have lived out here in the Western part of the county for nine years and have never gone in. And as I walked into this store, which smelled just like a health food store in a 100 year old building and reminded me of Whole Oats in Boulder. Amazing how smell can bring back memories....there is still a Suave mousse that if I smell it, it reminds me of being stood up on New Year's Eve when I was 16. Anyway, I was pointed to a golden bag of GF flour, Authentic Foods Multi Blend Flour as one of the best by the store's sweet and kind owner. So, right now, I am cooking up a loaf of banana bread and it smells wonderful......more later.

Comments

KackyK said…
Happy Birthday! I have been using a GF multipurpose flour mix following this cookbook, Cooking with Isaiah http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Isaiah-Gluten-Free-Dairy-Free-Delicious/dp/1606521659/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329581859&sr=8-1. She has made up her own flour recipe so to speak. We make a big batch of it, and then just use that whenever any recipe we make (cake, cookies, etc) call for all-purpose flour. The only time it didn't work so great, were for some brownies. They tasted okay! It just took longer to cook. Otherwise, my GF girl can still have the Nestle chip cookies we make and so forth.
stamping bella said…
Happpppy 40th! I turn 40 In 4 months and am not screaming healthy.. Lol. Miss your art and would love to talk about this gluten thing! Will email you soon

Hugs
Em
Caatje said…
Yay, happy belated birthday! Glad your gluten free diet is working so well.
Jenni Horne said…
Woohoo on the birthday!, I'll be there next week. Wishing you were here in VA....it is amazing!!! Next year???

Popular Posts