Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Conversation

i left the "tooth" on this scan because I lost the detail otherwise


Conversation:

(otherwise known as why I don't post as much as I would actually like, really, really)

Me: Why do we pay 60 bucks for internet that is as slow as molasses?

Husband: Because we have a really old router.

Me: Why do we have a really old router?

Husband: Because _______(internet service) doesn't provide them anymore.

Me: Can we just buy one ourselves?

Husband: Well, yes, we could do that.

Three years later.........

The thing with Fullerland is that you practically could insert any, absolutely any household object into that above conversation and it would hold true for us (exceptions being, the heating/cooling system and the TV).

The image above is a drawing with watercolor detail that I am really enjoying. It's so hard to show you the detail because of the kind of paper I drew it on. If you try to wash out the tooth of the background in Photoshop you also lose detail the drawing. I am sure there is a way to get around this, oh technology, dear Photoshop, but I've tried before and nothing really works.
I started drawing with pencil again because I am teaching 7th grade this year and we are doing a unit on shading, value and pencil. It's nice when teaching reminds you of what you love. (then there's the reality of 30, 13 year olds in one room but what can you do? smile).


No comments: