Connected

really getting back into drawing techniques-yes, I know she has no face, she just looks better that way,
it's Halloween-work with it


So the other day, I ripped my modem out of the wall and marched it into Best Buy, full well knowing I wasn't going to buy a new modem. Really, I was just looking for verification that I, indeed, was holding an ancient artifact.
The Best Buy Guy looked at it, turned it over in his hand and said in disbelief, "This is THE ONE you are currently using?" (validation-check!)  He shuffled me over to a few wifi modem/routers that they carried, I looked them over and then shoved my fossil into my bag and proceeded home.

Now, I've pulled my modem out before, whacked it over the head, done the plug and re-plug hoping to shake out just one more megabyte of download/upload speed. But every time I plugged it back in, it  worked, grudgingly.
This time, nothing. Laptop, not talking to modem, modem not talking to router, wall not talking to plug. I'm screwed. Especially since my husband often works from home and needs the wifi. THIS day, he was coming home specifically so I could go and hear the First Lady speak at our local fairgrounds. (Who, is an inspiring woman, regardless of your party affiliation, I think). He is not very keen on emailing his top clients through his Droid Razor....imagine that.

So, we made an appointment with our carrier, Comcast, who amazingly now provides customers with  the wifi modem we needed two years ago (and why they didn't before is some kind of weird, surely most households have wifi. Comcast acted like we were asking them why they don't supply the lap top too.) And so they came and updated our modem. Voila, my computer works online again. Happy gal.

P.S-By the way, the reason why the modem didn't work was some sort of crazy coincidence with one of Comcast's lines going down on our street, no one else had internet either.  I got to save some serious-I'm not just a crazy lady lady yanking modems out of the wall-face. Okay, I am.

Comments

Popular Posts